- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
A traumatic brain injury is exactly how it sounds, a brain injury resulting from a trauma. A head injury is the result of damaged brain tissue which can be caused by anything from bumping your head to a major car accident. Mild traumatic brain injuries can be short term where a patient can experience symptoms such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, loss of consciousness, fatigue, or difficulty sleeping.
- Is your ability to focus declining?
- Does your energy noticeably drop in the afternoon?
- Do you have difficulty falling asleep?
- How difficult is it to turn your mind off when you want to relax?
- Do you feel your visual or verbal memory has decreased?
In our office one of the most common symptoms we see is a steady decline in brain function long after a traumatic brain injury. The continued symptoms of decreased brain function are a sign that the brain is failing to get one of the major needs of the neurons. These needs are oxygen, glucose, stimulation, and nutrients. Because these basic needs are essential to healthy neurons, we have specific steps to assess and support each of these factors. We can have great success with recent brain traumas to injuries from many years ago.
We also integrate an amazing neurological technique called Quantum Neurological Rehabilitation Therapy, to read more about Quantum Neurology, click here.